The Music Now In My Head...

  • Exit Calm
  • Echo & The Bunnymen, Live at Royal Albert Hall
  • Matthew Good, Vancouver
  • The Joy Formidable
  • The National, High Violet

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

tell me, baby

unbuckle your hopes
unzip your delusions
illusions
open your eyes
that only see
what you want to see
anyways
are you with me
are you willing to forget
thinking about yourself
who you are
why
you're such a prisoner
inside your body
peering out behind bars
at life
so come on,
just live
just be
and just do
all the things you've watched from afar
all the things you've berated
as overrated
as mindless
thoughtless
manifestations
of unthought lives
well tell me honey
tell me b-b-b-b-baby
what you think of this now
you're living
doing
being
and isn't it just ecstatic
to act
and damn it all
oh just be
free
with me
or without

No comments: